Triphala Choornam means three and phala mean fruits. It is a mixture of three dried fruits, Amalaki, Bibhitaki, and Haritaki. It is a Tridoshic Rasayana that regulates the three doshas in the human body. Vata, Pitta, an Kapha. However, this plant has the properties of all these three dry fruits and this is an ancient plant-based formula that offers immense health benefits. It helps you to treat specific illnesses like acidity, asthma, ulcers, jaundice, and many others. However, it can be taken in many forms like tablets or capsules, powder, in the form of tea, and tincture. Let’s explore the health benefits of Triphala Choornam
1. Immunity Booster– immune system plays an important role when it comes to health and fight with bacteria and viruses. If you have a weak immune system a bacteria or virus can easily treat your body. However, the use of Triphala Choornam can help you to make a strong immunity system, as it has antioxidant properties that stimulate the immune system.
2. An efficient digestive– to maintain proper body function, need to have a strong digestive system first. And an improper and inefficient digestive system can give a rise to a number of health problems as it directly weakens immunity. But Triphala has some properties that directly give strengthen the digestive system.
3. Blood Pressure– we generally take BP lightly because blood pressure abnormalities show no symptoms which is why it is called the silent killer. It should not be taken lightly; it can affect you in a very big manner. High BP can predispose to heart failure and diseases and increases the chances of stroke. However, Triphala can regulate blood pressure and helps to control blood pressure. According to reports and studies, daily consumption of Triphala Choornam can help in removing plaque from blood vessels. As it is having anti-inflammatory properties which lower the strain on blood vessels, and ensure smooth blood flow and circulation.
4. Managing Arthritis and Gout– most Indians are suffering from this condition, and it is very common that 1 out of 6 Indians is suffering from this. But the pain increases with age. Triphala consists anti-inflammatory properties which help in reducing arthritis and stiffness that eliminated excess uric acid and giving relief.
5. Diabetes- Diabetes is the most common disease that is caused by heightened blood sugar levels and effects on the production of insulin. Triphala helps regain the strength of the pancreas which promotes insulin secretion. People having type 2 diabetes can experience the benefits as it reduces blood sugar levels and cholesterol levels.
6. Antioxidant Agent- Triphala has some antioxidant properties, however, oxidative stress is produced by the overproduction of free radicals and antioxidants are responsible for removing these radicals and preventing oxidative stress. It also helps in restoring antioxidant levels in the body due to the presence of vitamin C, Polyphenols, and flavonoids and all of these are helpful in reducing oxidative stress.
7. Oral Health– research says that Triphala can be used as a gargling agent which helps you to deal with your dental problems. Triphala can be used as a mouthwash for a month to see great results. It can cure and prevents bleeding gums, and strengthens them.
8. Skin Protectant– skin problems started to occur due to pH imbalance, as a result of inflammation and breakouts. Triphala is highly rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties that can help in treating different dermatological issues including redness, dryness, skin inflammation, acne, pimples, etc.
9. Eye Care– Triphala is very good for eye health, and Triphala is known for Triphala powder benefits which are highly rich in vitamin A. it is beneficial for ocular health (clear vision), Triphala acts as an effective agent in curing and preventing the eye problems like cataracts, glaucoma, corneal dystrophies, conjunctivitis, and inflammation.
10. Stress and Anxiety– the most common thing that happens to every person on earth in everyday life. everyone has stress, and anxiety due to work, school, life, and others things. In this case, a self-care is must needed to reduce stress. Consuming Triphala Choornam in every meal will moderate your corticosterone levels in the body, which is also known as the stress hormone because it helps the body with stress. Even it takes care of your behavioral issues that become worst in a stressful situation.
Also Visit : Medicinal uses of Bryophyllum Pinnatum