The Tollywood film industry has lost our beloved and talented actor, Super Star Krishna recently. His death has shaken the entire film industry and the audience. Superstar Krishna’s death has set the entire Ghattamaneni family members into a deep state of despair.
The family had to deal with three deaths one after the other of their dear ones. Superstar Mahesh Babu, who took forward the legacy of his father, in Tollywood, lost his only brother, mother, and father in the same year in 2022. Fans of the Ghattamaneni family are mourning the loss of their beloved actor and the great amount of grief that the family members had to undergo.
Superstar Krishna, the original James Bond, Alluri Seetharamaraju, and Cowboy of Telugu cinema, has been a pioneer in revolutionizing Tollywood and rising its fame throughout the country. In this article, some unknown facts about the Tollywood Super Star Krishna everyone must know.
Superstar Krishna Notable Films
Actor Krishna has always experimented with the storylines of the films. He always chose varied roles that challenged his acting skills throughout his career. Some of the films worth knowing the brilliant acting of the actor are:
-First Cinemascope film-Alluri Seetharamaraju (1974)
– First Eastmancolor film- Eenadu (1982)
– First 70 MM film- Simhasanam (1986)
– First DTS film- Telugu Veera Levara (1995)
– First Cowboy film- Mosagallaki Mosagadu (1971)
– First Spy film- Gudachari 116 (1966)
With the success of Gudachari 116, Krishna has been successful in making remakes of several James Bond films in Telugu.
Some lesser-known facts about Super Star Krishna
- Krishna is not only an actor, but he is also a talented director. He has directed about 17 feature films in his career.
- Krishna has introduced his son young Mahesh Babu in as many as five films under his direction.
- Started his own Production Company Padmalaya and a studio with his brothers Adiseshagiri Rao, and Hanumantha Rao. They made several films under the banner.
- Super Star Krishna is a hard-working personality and this has led him to the position where he is. He used to work three shifts a day
- Super Star Krishna set a record like nobody with 18 film releases in the year 1972.
- Krishna ruled the most in the 1970s with his multiple movie releases and everything used to be a commercial success at the box office. He was the highest-paid actor of his time.
- He is known for his breakthrough record with the highest number of films with Vijaya Nirmala (48 movies) and Jaya Prada (47 movies). He worked with Sridevi in about 29 movies.
- Krishna is probably the only hero in Tollywood who has acted in at least one movie in the lead role for 37 consecutive years (1965-2002).
Awards and Achievements
Super Star Krishna has received many awards and achievements in the span of his career for his contribution to the Telugu film industry with amazing movies and varied genres.
- He was the recipient of Padma Bhushan from the Indian Government in 2009.
- Filmfare Lifetime Achievement Award-South in 1997.
- An honorary doctorate from Andhra University in 2008.
- NTR National Award in 2003.
- Nandi Award For Best Actor- Alluri Seetharama Raju- 1974.
- Pendant Kapuram won National Film Award For Best Feature Film Telugu in 1972.
- Won as MP candidate from Congress party in 1989.
- Krishna starred in genres spanning mythology, drama, western, fantasy, spy, action, and historical films.