Rice, is the most common dish in our country, do you know how to cook rice? A single person staying in a hostel can only make rice to eat if they don’t know cooking, but every person knows how to cook rice. Well, rice is just not used to fill your stomach, it can also be used for so many things. Do you want to know? Next time when you soak rice in water, don’t throw the water because it can be used for so many healthy things. Let’s explore the benefits of rice for Hair and skin.
The rice water contains starch which is highly rich in minerals and vitamins and makes for a healthy drink. Applying rice water on your face, can tighten your skin and improves hair health even if it can enhance the blood circulation of your body and skin cell growth. It would be amazing to hear that rice water is using for thousands of years in our world starting in the Heian period of Japan, 794 CE to 1185 CE for healthy growth of the hair.
Let me tell you the history of rice water, a thousand years ago there was a tribe called Red Yao in a Chinese village called Huangluo, which was known as the land of Rapunzels. And all the women of that village have been using rice water to wash their hair, for ages. And the village has the longest hair, which is also mentioned in the Guinness Book of World Records as the world’s longest hair village.
What is the difference between Fermented and plain rice water, which is the best option? However, it is said that fermented rice water has much more benefits than plain rice water. Fermented substances have a higher amount of antioxidants which may prevent hair and skin cell damage.
How to prepare the fermented rice water?
- Soak the rice in water overnight.
- Then leave the rice water at room temp. for 2 days.
- Now strain the rice water into a bowl and use that.
How to prepare Boiling rice water?
- Another way to use the rice water is by boiling the rice.
- Take half a cup of rice and soak it in water
- Now boil the rice and strain the rice water into a bowl.
- Now use it as a shampoo and apply it to your hair.
How to use rice water
- First wash hair with shampoo
- Now rinse your hair with water
- Pour rice water on the hair
- Do Massage with the rice water into the hair and scalp
- Just leave it for 20 minutes
- Now again rinse your hair using warm water.
Here are the two methods to use rice water for your hair.
How To Use Boil Rice Water for Good Hair
- Boiled rice water is an amazing conditioner, let’s explore its uses.
- Take a cup of boiled rice water and add a few drops of any of the lavender, rosemary, or chamomile essential oil for a smooth texture.
- First, wash your hair with the Shampoo and then pour the rice water over it and leave it for 5 to 20 minutes.
- Do massage your hair and scalp during this period.
- Rinse your hair thoroughly with water after you are done.
How To Use Fermented Rice Water for Good Hair
- Take the mustard powder and mix it in the fermented rice water.
- Add some olive oil to the paste and mix it gently.
- Apply the paste to your scalp gently after shampooing.
- Leave the hair mask on for 20 minutes and then wash it off.
- Benefits Of Rice Water for Hair
Rice water is rich in inositol, which is a type of carbohydrate that helps in giving strength, and elasticity and reduces surface friction.
Also Visit : Rice water for Hair: Benefits and How to Apply on Hair