This generation eats a lot of unhealthy food that can cause stomach illness and affect hardly on the body. Maintaining a healthy diet and the right amount of quantity every day will keep your body healthy and fight against bacteria and viruses. One thing is so basic and everyone knows that If you eat more than your body needs, you’ll increase your weight because the energy you do not use is stored as fat. If you eat too little, you’ll lose weight, simply. You should eat food that has nutrition and protein meanwhile eat healthy food. The research shows that men have around 2,500 calories a day while Women should have around 2,000 calories a day.
So here are some tips and some basic principles of a healthy diet.
1. Eat meals that are rich in higher fiber starchy carbohydrates– eat food with Starchy carbohydrates, which include potatoes, bread, rice, pasta, and cereals. You should choose higher fiber or wholegrain varieties, like whole-wheat pasta, brown rice, or potatoes. It contains more fiber than white or refined starchy carbohydrates.
2. Eat lots of fruit and veg– doctors recommended that you should eat at least 5 portions of a variety of fruit and vegetables every day. It can be fresh, frozen, dried, or juiced. A portion of fresh, or frozen fruit and vegetables should be 80g. A portion of dried fruit is 30g which should be included in meal time.
3. Eat more fish, including a portion of oily fish– research has shown that Fish is a good source of protein and contains many vitamins and minerals. As fish is rich in protein and minerals. Oily fish are high in omega-3 fats, which can help in preventing heart disease. The Oily fish include salmon, trout, herring, sardines, pilchards, and mackerel.
4. Cut down the saturated fat and sugar– There are mainly 2 main types of fat, saturated and unsaturated. Too much-saturated fat can increase the amount of cholesterol in the blood, which will increase the risk of heart disease. On an average limit, men should have no more than 30g of saturated fat a day, and women should have no more than 20g of saturated fat a day. Saturated fat can be found in many foods like fatty cuts of meat, sausages, butter, hard cheese, cream, cakes, biscuits, lard, and pies.
5. Eat less salt– Eating too much salt can increase your blood pressure. People with high blood pressure are more at risk to develop heart disease or a stroke.
6. Get active and be a healthy weight– eating healthily, and regular exercise may help reduce your risk of getting serious health conditions. It’s also important for the entire health.
If you are overweight or obese can lead to serious health conditions, such as type 2 diabetes, certain cancers, heart disease, and stroke. And being underweight could also affect your health.
7. Do not get thirsty– You need to drink enough quantity of water that body needs to stop you from getting dehydrated. The doctors recommend drinking 6 to 8 glasses every day. All non-alcoholic drinks but water, lower-fat milk, and lower-sugar drinks, including tea and coffee, are healthier choices.
8. Do not skip breakfast– Some people skip the morning breakfast because they think it’ll help them lose weight. But a healthy breakfast that is high in fiber and low in fat, sugar, and salt can form part of a balanced diet and can help you get the nutrients and maintain good health. A wholegrain lower sugar cereal with milk and fruit sliced over the top is a tasty and healthier breakfast.
Also visit: Need to Know Vitamin D, Effect of Fish Oil on Vitamin D