mental health is an important part of our body, and keeping it healthy is a major task. In this technology world, there is no human left who is completely happy, everyone must have a single stress in their life. keeping mental health good is our priority of ours, without this, you would be at risk, and can affect your professional or personal life also. Having good and happy professional life is good for your mind. But not everyone keeps it happy.
Keeping a healthy working environment can ease your stress and enable your happy hormones in the body. Creating a good and happy working environment is the major part and it keeps you away from any kind of stress. But the overwork, bad experiences, unhappiness, and negativity make employees feel stressed, exhausted, and overwhelmed which impacts their mental health and as a result low productivity also.
You know, In Mind Share Partners’ 2021 Mental Health at Work Report, the researchers found mental health concerns that increased over two years. In the 2019 study, 59% of those surveyed reported at least one symptom of a mental health condition. And in 2021, that number increased to 76%.
There are a specific number of ways to keep yourself calm and have good mental health at work. Let’s discuss those.
1. Begin your day with mindfulness– generally, people check their phone right after waking up, and the major point of brain distraction. You know, looking at your mobile just right after waking up in the morning is the equivalent of having a hundred people in your bedroom screaming at you. So, instead, to improve your mental health at work start with yoga or meditation that calms your mind is the best way to start your day.
2. Focus on your strengths– do not focus on your weakness instead focus on who you really are, and what things you can do perfectly. Find out your strengths and look out for projects that give you satisfaction. This is because when we use our strengths, the activity feels natural and the results will be amazing and satisfactory.
Also visit: Must know the Stress Management Tools and Resources
3. Stop comparing yourself to others– if you know a person better than you, then it is okay, do not start comparing yourself to others, both are different and both are having different expertise and experience. You know, when we compare ourselves to others, it leads to disappointment in ourselves and makes us feel low, and also gives us unhappiness. Instead, compare yourself to who you were yesterday and concentrate on your improvements.
4. Speak it out– don’t think that you are alone, if you started feeling like that then it impacts your mental health a lot. One of the best ways to improve mental health, speak out, start sharing the things that you want to share, and don’t keep it inside you. First, find someone you can trust, like a friend, family member, or anyone it can be, and speak out about whatever bothering you.
5. Get outdoors– professional or working people have to work nine or ten hours a day and the daily same schedule could affect the brain and mental health. Try to change your environment by going outdoors and relaxing your soul & mind. That is most important for a healthy mental life
6. Do things for others– sometimes, doing something for others will make you happy and utilize some good time while helping others. There are so many ways to do things for others, you can volunteer to help with a special project, or offer to train a new hire. Helping others can also benefit our mental health, it can reduce stress and calm our mood, increasing self-confidence and happiness.
7. Learn something new we should keep learning the things that can help improve mental health at work. By learning something new, you raise your self-esteem and increase your self-confidence. Additionally, you can take part in any course as per your interest, and get certified in new skills
Conclusion– your mental health is in your own hands, so try to look out for new things, and keep challenging yourself for your growth. Try any of the above methods to improve mental health.