The famous Fenugreek seeds are commonly popular as methi seeds in every Indian household kitchen. This is an incredible herb that can be used both as a medicine and spice in food. Well, methi seeds are originally native to India, southern Europe, and Northern Africa.
It can have magical benefits on health but it might be bitter in taste. We can use it in many ways like soaking it in water overnight and can have various health benefits for men and women both, even it can be used for healthy skin and hair. For centuries, the Methi seeds have been used in Chinese medicine to treat various skin conditions and other diseases. Fenugreek seeds or Methi are also used in Indian foods for their nutritional value and for taste. In this article, I will mention some health benefits of Fenugreek seeds.
- Makes your hair healthy– Methi is famous for keeping hair healthy. It will treat the different problems related to hair like Dandruff, dry & rough hair, hair fall, etc. if you are using shampoos and nothing is happening then it is the right time to switch on natural remedies. As we know, Methi or Fenugreek seeds contain a high amount of proteins and nicotinic acid which gives a boost to your hair roots and prevents damage. It will also give a shiny look to your hair because the seeds also contain lecithin which softens your hair.
- Acne-free skin– the most common problem we have to deal with all the time. Acne and scars will look your skin dull, unhealthy, and scary sometimes. You know, the Methi seeds contain Diosgenin that has anti-bacterial and anti-inflammatory properties which help in the treatment of acne, dark spots, scares, etc. Moreover, it also contains antioxidants that help in reducing the aging process and hydrating your skin.
- Weight loss– one remedy is famous in Indian households, which is consuming Methi seeds water first thing to do in the morning on empty stomach. Do you know why our parents told us to drink Methi water in the morning? Because it boosts your metabolism activity which also helps in weight loss. As Methi seeds are full of natural fiber, one glass of methi water can fill your stomach and reduce your overeating habits.
- Regulates the Blood sugar level– well, Methi seeds are also known as a magical remedy to control diabetes. It increases the level of insulin which lowers the blood sugar level. you can consume the seed water to lower control your diabetes.
- Helps in digestion– the people who are suffering from ingestion problems, this seed will do wonders for them. If you consume it regularly, it reduces acidity problems and digestive problems, enhances your metabolism and removes toxins from your body and it helps in improving your bowel movement.
- Enhance milk production in new mothers– Methi seeds are said to be more beneficial for new mothers, as it helps to enhance milk production. Methi seeds contain phytoestrogen which helps to increase milk protection. The mother who had recently given birth should drink three cups of Methi seeds tea daily for about 2 weeks to increase milk volume which helps to gain weight in babies.
- Reduce menstrual cramps– Fenugreek seeds have anti-inflammatory properties that help in reducing menstrual cramps and other menstrual issues. The seeds contain alkaloids which help in reducing it.
- Controls cholesterol levels– Methi seeds are also known for controlling the bad cholesterol or LDL in the human body, in the presence of flavonoids. If you consume the soaked methi seeds, it will lower the high cholesterol level in your body.
- Anti-inflammatory effects– Fenugreek seeds contain Flavonoid antioxidants and anti-inflammatory properties, which help to fight many chronic inflammatory diseases like asthma.
Also visit: Mental Health Break Signs