Walking has its own benefits. A few minute walks in a day can give you immense benefits and help in maintaining a good healthy life. doing exercise regularly can keep you balancing your body and give you a healthy life. let’s talk about the benefits of walking.
- Walking, helps you maintain a healthy weight and lose body fat
- By walking, Prevent or manage various conditions, including heart disease, high blood pressure, stroke, cancer, and type 2 diabetes.
- It also improves the cardiovascular fitness
- It helps you strengthen your bones and muscles
- It Improves the muscle endurance
- Also, it increases the energy levels
- It improves your mood, memory, cognition, and sleep
- It improves your balance and coordination
- Strengthen the immune system
- It Reduces stress and tension
- It helps tame a sweet tooth – studies have shown that a 15-minute walk can curb cravings for chocolate and even reduce the amount of chocolate you eat in very stressful situations. And according to the research confirms that walking can also reduce cravings and intake of sugary snacks.
- It reduces the risk of developing breast cancer-yeah, you heard it right. Previous studies have shown that any kind of physical activity reduces the risk of breast cancer. And the studies also show that the women who walked more than 7 hours in a week had a 14% lower risk of breast cancer than those who walked only 3 or less than it per week. Even walking provides protection against the risk factors of breast cancer, like being overweight or using supplemental hormones.
- Reduces joint pain-research shows that walking reduces arthritis-related pain and that walking up to 5 to 6 miles a week can prevent arthritis from forming, and walking protects the joints, especially knees and hips, which are most liable to osteoarthritis by lubricating them and strengthening the muscles that support them.
- Boosts the immune function-walking can help protect you during cold and fever. Studies have shown that over 1,000 men and women found that those who walked at least 20 minutes a day at least 5 days a week, had 43% fewer sick days than those who regularly exercised once in a week. And if they did get sick, it was for a shorter duration of time, and their symptoms were milder comparatively to others.
Also Visit : You need to know Reason Behind Allergies in Winter