Dates are fruits that are grown in many tropical regions across the globe. Well, dates are been eaten in the form of desserts because they contain natural sweetness. But this nutritious fruit has some impressive health benefits.
- Dates Are Nutrient-rich– dates are highly rich in nutrients and as they’re dried, their calorie content is higher than most fresh fruit. The calorie content of dates is similar to other dried fruits, like raisins and figs. Apart from the calories, dates contain some important vitamins and minerals and a good amount of fiber.
- High in fiber– as I mentioned, dates have a good amount of fiber, which is good for your entire health. Fiber can be beneficial for your body in many ways like it improves your digestive health by preventing constipation and it increases bowel movements by the formation of stool. Even if you consume dates for 7 dates per day for about 21 days, you will find a certain improvement in stool and an increment in bowel movements. Furthermore, dates are also beneficial for blood sugar control.
- High in disease-fighting antioxidants– Dates contain antioxidants and offer health benefits. Antioxidants protect your cells from free radicals, which are unstable molecules that can cause harmful reactions in your body and lead to some serious diseases.
- May promote brain health– Eating dates may help in improving brain function. Some research studies found that dates help lower inflammatory markers like interleukin 6 in the brain. And high level of IL 6 increases the chances of neurodegenerative diseases like Alzheimer’s.
- promote natural labor– dates promote and ease late-term labor in pregnant women. Eating dates in the last few weeks of pregnancy may promote cervical dilation and lower the need for induced labor pain and also help reduce labor time. Older research found that the pregnant ladies who took dates before their due date found those who ate dates were in labor for less time than those who did not eat them. But further research is entirely needed.
however, dates are beneficial in pregnancy may be because the compounds that are found in dates, bind to oxytocin receptors, and mimic the effects of oxytocin in the body. And Oxytocin hormone causes labor contractions during childbirth. Moreover, dates also contain tannins which is a compound that help facilitate contractions and is also a good source of natural sugar calories which are necessary to maintain energy levels during labor pain.
Also Visit: Must Should Know Fenugreek Benefits