Well, everything in the limit is good, but when it exceeds the limit that is bad whether it’s health or something else. The same applied to wines, red wine has prominent health benefits if you drink in limitation. Research and studies show the limited consumption of red wine that contains an alcohol content of 12% -15% daily helps in the prevention of many diseases including heart disease. But too much consumption of wine can be dangerous for health. Whereas, the consumption of little of it would not give the good benefits usually enjoyed by moderate drinkers.
- Rich in antioxidants– red wines come in different varieties including Merlot, Pinot Noir, Cabernet Sauvignon, Shiraz, etc. As red wines are highly rich in antioxidants, they can have some positive effects on your health. Dark grapes are highly rich in antioxidants like resveratrol, catechin, epicatechin, and proanthocyanidins which are responsible to keep the human body healthy.
- Lowers bad cholesterol– red wines are known to lower the bad cholesterol level in your body. According to the study, red grapes have the high-fiber Tempranillo compound, which is used to make some specific varieties of red wines such as Rioja red wine, that lower bad cholesterol levels, and improve your health.
- Keeps heart healthy– red wine keeps your heart healthy. Red wine contains antioxidants called Polyphenols that prevent unwanted clotting and keep the blood vessels flexible. However, too much consumption of wine can damage the heart. Red wine also boosts the level of HDL or good cholesterol which reduces the risk of heart disease.
- Regulates blood sugar– red wine regulates the blood sugar level. Resveratrol which is a natural compound that is found in grapes helps control the blood sugar levels in diabetic patients. However, drinking red wine can lower your blood sugar for up to 24 hours, which may be beneficial for those who have higher blood sugar levels.
- Reduces the risk of cancer– red wine can reduce certain types of cancer like Breast and oesophageal cancer. The Resveratrol compound has been found in red wines which kills cancer cells. However, the limited consumption of red wine can reduce the effect of other cancers like basal cell, colon, ovarian, prostrate carcinoma, etc.
- Helps treat common cold– you remember when you were a kid your parents used to drink us whisky or Brandy to avoid the common cold or cough? The antioxidants present in red wines help in treating the common cold and cough because antioxidants protect the cells against the harmful effects of free radicals.
- Keeps memory sharp– do you forget everything, or suffer from a short-term memory? Well according to the studies and research, the compound present in red wine Resveratrol prevents the formation of beta-amyloid protein in your brain, which is the main protein developing for Alzheimer’s disease.
- Keeps you slim– are you tired of being overweight and want to reduce your weight? Well, you can try red wine this time. Meanwhile, red wine contains a resveratrol compound that is converted into Piceatannol which reduces the fat cells in your body. The piceatannol compound faster the growth of the insulin receptors of fat cells which blocks the pathways that are required for immature fat cells to grow.
- Reduces the risk of depression– a study shows that in the middle age adults, drinking a limited amount of red wine can keep you away from depression. The good thing or positive effect of drinking red wine but at a moderate level. The natural compound Resveratrol increases the level of serotonin in the brain, which might help in reducing the symptoms of depression. The other compounds in wine help in regulating the serotonin level that transmits in the brain, which can malfunction in cases of mood disorders.
- Improves digestive system– as we know wine contains antibacterial properties too, which helps in treating stomach irritation and other digestive disorders. Wine consumption has also reduced the risk of stomach infection.
- It maintains dental health– recent new studies show that red wine helps in keeping your mouth healthy. Red wine contains polyphenols that can fight the harmful bacteria in the mouth, which are responsible for tooth decay and gum disease. By preventing the bacteria from sticking to teeth and gums, red wine mainly stops them from causing the diseases like cavities or plaque.
- Red wine promotes eye health– red wine contains vascular-enhancing properties, and red wine improves the microcirculation in the eye. This process can help prevent eye-related issues such as diabetic retinopathy, age-related macular degeneration, and glaucoma, all of which contribute to vision loss.
Conclusion- Drinking red wine in limitation can have certain health benefits. This is because red wines contain compounds with anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, and lipid-improving effects. But drinking alcohol is not good for everyone, even drinking more than moderate can cause serious health issues.
Also Visit: Health Benefits of Coriander Leaves