Indian is highly rich in spices across the globe and widely famous for Indian spices. However, we Indians eat a lot of spicy food to enhance the taste and have a habit of Masaledar food. The Masaledar food requires chili powder obviously without spicy there is no taste, right? But do you know that a Masaledar spicy food can do a lot more than just enhance your taste? Well, spicy food can lead o some serious health issues if consumed unlimited. It can harm your body in many ways, especially your stomach.
There are lots of articles about spices and spicy food that it is beneficial for us but everything in this world has pros and cons. So, there are also some negative impacts of eating spicy food. Here in this article, I am going to mention some negative health impacts of consuming spicy food.
- Stomach ulcers- Consuming too much red chili may increase the risk of developing stomach ulcers. Red chili contains Aflatoxin, which is produced by certain molds and is very poisonous. This toxin is found in red chili which increases the chance of stomach ulcers, liver cirrhosis, and even colon cancer in some serious situations.
- Digestive issues- Red chili powder contains a chili pepper extract called capsaicin which irritates your digestive system and can cause many health problems like acid reflux, heartburn, loose motions, gas, or loss of appetite. On consuming hot or spicy foods, you started feeling after some time, that something is happening in your digestive tract and may lead to some digestive problems.
- Nausea and vomiting- consuming red chili powder might have some detrimental effects, it can cause abdominal pain, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dizziness, and many things. So, eat something cold after eating spicy things, eat some ice creams or cottage cheese, or cold milk that reduces the effect of red chili in your stomach and calms it.
- Cause Loose Motions- this is the most common effect of red chili powder, when the red chili powder hits your intestine, it acts as an irritant and gets things moving. The capsaicin found in red chili can serve as a laxative and cause loose motions.
- Irritate Your Lips- I can surely say that if the red chili powder touched your lips, it will burn a lot and make you red swallow and irritated. If you have accidentally touched your eye after touching red chili powder, it burns badly. Red chili is a skin irritant that can irritate your lips. So, to avoid this irritation, you should apply some lip balm before eating hot and spicy foods.
- Reduce the Sensitivity of Taste Buds- consuming an excessive amount of red chili can reduce the sensitivity of taste buds. Hot and spicy foods can dull your taste buds’ sensitivity over some time. So, reduce your intake of chili powder.
- Acute Gastritis- this is caused due to inflammation of the gastric mucosa, the membrane that lines the stomach. Most people experience occasional bouts of gastritis and ended up with indigestion problems. Acute gastritis may have symptoms like vomiting, diarrhea, nausea, fever, and headache along with blood in stool and vomiting.
Also Visit : All you need to know about insulin plants