Have you ever thought to capture a picture of the waterfall with a dramatic environment and you are surrounded by forests, mountains, and waterfalls? It would be like an adventure pic. Here in this article, I am going to discuss some of the best waterfalls in the state of Uttarakhand, that makes you feel like you are in a movie or living some fairy tale story.
The snow-capped mountains and the lush green forests that lead you to amazing trekking memories, and waterfalls in Uttarakhand refresh your mind, body, and soul. If you’re one of those people who enjoy such kinds of adventure and surroundings, then scroll down to know about a perfect place for an outing.
1. Kempty Falls– this waterfall is located just kilometers away from Mussoorie, Lakhwad, Kempty, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. It is a serene waterfall that is a must-visit for all the tourists visiting the nearby hill station. This waterfall is falling from a height of 1364 meters above sea level. This is a perfect spot for nature lovers and you will admire its beauty.
2. Bhatta Falls– this waterfall is located in Mussoorie Rd, Bhatta Gaon, Mussoorie, Uttarakhand. This waterfall is a steep fall, that comes directly from the hills above and hits the rocks around. The visiting timings of this waterfall are April to June as the water is in a continuous flow. You can visit this place if you are in Mussoorie, you won’t regret it.
3. Corbett Falls– this fall is located at Nainital Rd, Nayagaon Julfikar, Uttarakhand at a distance of 25 kms from Ramnagar. This waterfall is one of the famous falls in Uttarakhand, which is perfectly good for your one-day trip. You can either stay overnight or can-do camping here. You can visit this waterfall between October to June.
4. Vasudhara Falls– this waterfall is very stunning and offers you spectacular views around. The waterfall is falling from a height of 400 feet or 122 meters above sea level. It is said that the true beauty of this place can only be admired by those who are guilt-free. The best time to visit here is in the month of May to November.
5. Neer Garh Waterfall– this waterfall is located at Neergarh Waterfall Rd, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand. This waterfall is one of the famous waterfalls in Uttarakhand for having a fun trek. There are also two bridges on this waterfall and different colorful butterflies can also be found. The best time to visit this waterfall is from August to November.
6. Tiger Falls– the waterfall is located at Kanaser Range, Chakrata, Uttarakhand. This fall is falling from a height of 50 meters, the well-known Tiger falls offer a stunning view and a pond for a bath. If you are an adventure lover then opt the alternative route it’s about a 5km trek to reach this waterfall via the forests in Chakrata.
7. Sahastradhara Falls– the special waterfall is located in Dehradun, Uttarakhand. The sulfur content of this waterfall is said to have medicinal properties, which is why many locals and tourists bathe in these falls. The best time to visit this place is the rainy season when the falls have more water and more greenery region surrounding them
8. Moigad Fall- the beautiful waterfall is located in Chakrata, Uttarakhand. Moigad Fall is considered one of the best picnic spots in Dehradun. The waterfall is located at a distance of 69 Km. It is one of the famous waterfalls in Uttarakhand. The best visit timings to the falls in between October to May. Do not forget to visit the waterfall if you are planning to visit Uttarakhand.
Also Visit: Top 5 Popular Parks in San Francisco to hang out