A good sleep can make your morning happy and rest of the day, and there are several factors that can affect your night sleep. But by consuming some drinks that can affect your sleep in good way and relaxes your mind. As we know, that a person should get at least 6-7 hours of sleep every day. Eating healthy foods which helps the body function can impact your sleeping patterns a lot, so consuming the healthy food before going to sleep improves your overall health as well as sleep also.
Though there are many different types of food that we eat, but there is no guarantee to induce the sleep. However, there are some foods and drinks that make easier to get a good night’s sleep.
1. Warm milk – A warm glass of milk in the night is a famous home remedy for sleepless nights. Having a warm cup of milk before bed can be so relaxing and improve your sleep because milk contains some sleep-promoting compounds such as Tryptophan Calcium Vitamin D and Melatonin. When cows milked at night, it contains a high amount of melatonin which is useful to promote sleep naturally.
2. Almonds– Almond is a type of nut with many health benefits. Almonds are an excellent source of many nutrients such as proteins, phosphorus, and riboflavin and also contain a high amount of melatonin, a hormone that regulates the sleeping and waking cycle. Almonds are also rich in magnesium that help in improving the sleeping habits for those who have insomnia. The daily habit of eating almonds improves good sleep quality and lowers the risk of getting chronic diseases.
3. Walnuts– Walnuts also have a few compounds that promote sleep and good for health. It contains a high amount of serotonin, melatonin, and magnesium that are important for good sleep cycle.
4. Chamomile tea– It is most famous herbal tea that offers an incredible benefits. Chamomile tea is well-known to reduce mental stress, depression, and also helps to promote good sleep. The Chamomile tea also contains an antioxidant called Apigenin. This antioxidant helps in promote sleepiness and reduce insomnia.
5. Fatty fish– Fatty fish such as salmon, tuna, and mackerel has various good health benefits. They contain omega-3 fatty acids and vitamin D which helps to reduce in internal inflammation and reduce the risk of chronic diseases. Both vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids are excellent source for good sleep. Vitamin D and omega-3 fatty acids helps to regulate the serotonin levels in the body which is very important for sound sleep.
6. Pumpkin seeds– Pumpkin seeds are highly rich in magnesium and tryptophan that is an amino acid which helps to treat insomnia. Then amino converts it into serotonin and melatonin that helps to promote good sleep and asleep longer.
7. Kiwi– Kiwi is one of the best fruits to eat before sleep. Kiwi is a low calorie and highly nutritious fruit and highly rich in vitamin C, vitamin K, folate, potassium, and so many other minerals. Kiwi is beneficial for sleep because it contains many compounds which contains sleep inducing like Melatonin, Carotenoids, Flavonoids, Magnesium, Anthocyanins, and Potassium. Just eating 1-2 kiwis daily before going to sleep in night may help you to fall asleep faster and stays longer.
8. Rice– well, rice is a well-known source of carbohydrates, and rice consumption can improve your sleep patterns. In fact, that eating rice before sleep may promote good sleep than bread or noodles.
9. Greek yogurt– A bowl of Greek yoghurt with fruits is beneficial to health and also if you eat before sleep you may have immense benefits as it contains a lot of probiotics and amino tryptophan. The presence of amino tryptophan in yoghurt, helps to improve the sleeping cycle.
10. Tart cherries or tart cherry juice– the tart cherries have a different flavor from sweet cherries. Tart cherries have numerous health benefits because of the presence of antioxidants, vitamin C, magnesium, potassium, and phosphorus in it. Tart cherry juice is an excellent drink to consume before sleep as it contains sleep-regulating compounds – melatonin, tryptophan, potassium, and serotonin.
Other foods or drinks may promote sleep –Barley grass powder, Lettuce, Bananas, Oatmeal, Cottage cheese.
Also visit: Easy Headache Hacks helps to reduce headaches