we are reading about sunlight benefits since starting in our school books and also our elders say sunlight has many great benefits. But some people just think sunlight can cause skin burns and a tanned face. Is that so? Let me tell you, you will not get tanned for walking or sitting in sunlight for about just 10 minutes. Even sitting in sunlight for about 10 minutes will give you great skin and health benefits, that are beyond your imagination, even if you don’t know about that.
Even there is a lot of discussion about the effects of sunlight on your skin. Well, excessive exposure to sun light is harmful, but it is important to remember that the sun is essential for our growth and functioning. Everything has some positive and negative impacts, same as the sun has some positive and negative impacts on humans. Some diseases can be cured by sunlight and cause skin problems. So, today in this article let’s discuss some positive impacts of Sunlight on humans.
- Vitamin D- we all know that the sun is a great source of vitamin D and that is why our elders and doctors suggest having at least 10 minutes of sunlight every day to get vitamin D. Vitamin D is an important source of the health and strength of your bones and teeth, to support your immune system.
- Protect You from Prostate Cancer- The lesser sunlight you get, the higher the chances of being diagnosed with prostate cancer. According to the studies, lack of sunlight may increase the risk of prostate cancer, so exposing to the sun without any sunscreen might benefit your health.
- Sunlight Lowers the Cortisol Levels- The stress hormone is known as cortisol. It can increase your appetite and doctors suggest that high-stress hormone levels lead to weight gain. A research study found that with little exposure to bright light, cortisol levels can be reduced.
- Sunlight For Depression- It is said that sunlight can help in lowering depression levels. Due to less exposure to sunlight, a seasonal affective disorder can occur which is a form of depression. A study shows that early sunlight exposure before 9-10 am can help in reducing the symptoms of depression.
- Lack Of Sunlight Increases Your Risk of High Blood Pressure- the fact is scientifically proven that, when we are exposed to sunlight, the body released nitrogen oxides into the bloodstream which helps in decreasing blood pressure because vitamin D is one of the most important and powerful vitamins to regulate the blood pressure.
- Lowers Your Risk of Diabetes- Vitamin D is very essential for the human body and has a preventative effect on diabetes. A study shows that the consumption of Vitamin D in early life can reduce the chances of risk of type 1 diabetes later.
- Helps Treat Psoriasis- Psoriasis is a skin disease in which red, dry plaques are produced that thicken the skin, and it is a non-curable disease. Light therapy is used for the treatment of psoriasis and is called phototherapy. The sun is the source of light and therefore, sunlight can help in reducing psoriasis.
- Sunlight Treats Vitiligo- you might have noticed some people outside, they have white patches on their skin. Actually, this condition is called Vitiligo, and it is caused by an auto-immune process, which is treated with ultraviolet light (UVA) exposure in combination with a drug or a natural remedy. It is a type of skin disease in which white patches occur on the skin. The areas of skin have pigment-making cells that are absent or have been destroyed by this disease and a white pigment. In some areas of the skin, the pigment-making cells are destroyed in this disease.
- Sunlight Protects Against Asthma- Well, asthma problems are continuously increasing for some years, and also an increase in pollution which makes it difficult in breathing. People who are suffering from asthma have a deficiency of vitamin D in their blood. So, a few minutes of exposure to the sun can protect you against Asthma.
- Other benefits- sunlight can be useful for the treatment of various skin disorders like acne, eczema, psoriasis, etc. that can be healed with sunlight. A research study shows that heliotherapy worked on reducing the symptoms of psoriasis. In fact, Fungal infections can also be treated with sunlight.
Also Visit : Advantages of Sun Exposure: The Recommended Amount of Sunlight