Curry leaves, which add the taste to your meal. The curry tree has its origin in India, and its leaves are used for both medicinal and culinary applications. They are highly aromatic and have a unique taste with notes of citrus and are often added to popularly used in cooking to add flavor to dishes, such as rice dishes, curries, and dals. So, here in this article, there are 6 health benefits and uses of curry leaves.
- Rich in Powerful plant compounds-Curry leaves are rich in protective plant substances, like glycosides, alkaloids, and phenolic compounds, that give this fragrant herb potent health benefits. The studies and research have shown that curry leaves contain many compounds, like linalool, myrcene, alpha-terpinene, mahanimbine, murrayanol, caryophyllene, and alpha-pinene. The Curry leaf extract is proven to provide potent antioxidant effects in several studies.
- Help in reducing heart disease risk factors-the Risk factors like high cholesterol and triglyceride levels may increase the risk of developing heart disease. But adding curry leaves into your diet may help reduce some of the major risk factors. Some research shows that consuming curry leaves may benefit your heart health in various ways. Animal studies have found that curry leaf extract may help in reducing high cholesterol and triglyceride levels. Other studies have also shown that curry leaves reduce the high cholesterol levels. So, consuming curry leaves may benefit your heart health by reducing the heart disease risk factors, including high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Curry leaves may have neuroprotective properties-Curry leaves may help in protecting the health of your nervous system, including the brain. Some disease like Alzheimer’s disease is a progressive brain disease that occurs to the loss of neurons and signs of oxidative stress. There is evidence that curry leaves contain the substances that may help in protect against neurodegenerative conditions like Alzheimer’s disease. Even consuming curry leaves may also reduce the amount of oxidative damage in brain cells, as well as enzymes associated with Alzheimer’s disease progression.
- May have anticancer effects-the researchers have found powerful anticancer effects and inhibited the growth of an aggressive type of breast cancer Another study found that curry leaves change the growth of two types of breast cancer cells, as well as can decrease cell viability. The curry leaf extracts also induced breast cancer cell death.
- Beneficial for blood sugar control-Research has proved that curry leaf extract may help reduce high blood sugar levels and protect against symptoms of diabetes, including nerve pain and kidney damage. And it also has pain-relieving properties and also anti-inflammatory effects. Curry leaves contain a wide array of anti-inflammatory compounds, and a curry leaf extract can help reduce inflammation-related genes and proteins.
- Easy to add to your diet- as curry leaves have been used since ancient times. The leaves are added to the cuisines to bring a unique taste to the dishes it is mainly used in curries, pulses, meat dishes, and other types of traditional Indian recipes.
Also Visit : All You Need to know the complete details and Health Benefits of Basil Leaves