All you need to know about Wanaparthy Palace facts and History

Wanaparthy Palace also commonly known as “Mustafa Mahal” is named after a Muslim saint. Wanaparthy palace is spread over a vast area of 640 square miles. Wanaparthy Palace presently houses Collector’s office and Collector Camp Office.

The history of the Wanaparthy Fort dates back to the 14th century. After the fall of the Warangal Kakatiya Dynasty, local chieftains established their ascendancy over surrounding territory and divided it among themselves.

Wanaparthy Palace

After Bijapur had its victory over Vijayanagar Kingdom, Qutub Shah and Mogul’s preceding rulers found it convenient and practical to maintain 8 Santhanam as buffer states along the Krishna river. Wanaparthy Palace was bounded on 3 sides by other Sammsthanams. In this way, during Aurangzeb’s reign, Wanaparthy Palace became a feudatory of the Moghul empire and of the Nizam as ruler of that empire in the south.

Also visit: Facts and other details of Laxminarayan Temple

The Rajas of the Wanaparthy Palace Samasthans were closely associated with the QtubShahi kings. The early rulers of Wanaparthy Palace arranged an army of 2000 infantry and 2000 cavalry. On 17th March 1843, the title of “Balwant” was honored to Raja Rameshwar Rao as a mark of excellence by Sikander Jah.

In the early 20th century, for administrative purposes, the Samasthan was divided into two talukas namely “sugar” and Keshampet” under Tahsildars. The “Maharaja” of the Samsthana was died on 22nd November 1922.

Related Posts

1 of 303