In India, diabetes is one of the most common diseases that people suffer from. In which the blood sugar level increases and the body cannot produce enough insulin, many kinds of treatments and remedies help in reducing the blood sugar level. However, the plant has had more importance in Ayurveda for thousands of years, people used to chew the leaves of the insulin plant to control their blood sugar levels.
The Insulin plant, whose scientific name is Costus Igneus and has wonderful benefits to control diabetes. I bet you did not hear about the plant that can control diabetes, right? The Insulin Plant as the name mentioned, insulin plays an important role in the body by reducing blood sugar levels naturally.
The insulin Plant known as Costus Igneus is known as the magical plant for diabetes and just for that it is highly popular in the country. the insulin plant is native to South and Central America and it needs tropical climates. Though this plant is native to America and it also grows in the southern part of India and is now very commonly found in gardens. However, it is said that the consumption of one insulin leaf every day can reduce the effect of blood sugar quickly.
The right amount of usage of the leaves of the Insulin plant can control blood sugar levels. Well, the interesting fact is, the plant’s name is insulin but the leaf does not contain any insulin. The thing is, the plant contains some natural component that transforms sugar into glycogen and increases the metabolism process in the body and this component reduces the level of blood sugar level.
The chemical of Insulin leaves is known as corosolic acid which is found only in the green leaf of the plant. It can reduce fasting and postprandial hyperglycemia in the blood. The leaves of the insulin plant are rich in iron, protein, α-tocopherol, and β-carotene with other anti-oxidant components. All of these properties act like natural insulin to the body that rapidly increases the metabolism of the body. That is how the Costus Igneus plant helps to control the blood sugar level of the body.
Also visit: Medicinal uses of Bryophyllum Pinnatum
Let’s talk about some of the health benefits of the insulin plant, the green leaves of Costus Igneus are known to treat type 1 and type 2 diabetes. Additionally, there are some beneficial properties like antifungal, antibacterial, and antioxidant properties. This plant is also used to treat lung infections, skin infections, coughs, colds, eye infections, asthma, uterine contraction, diarrhea, and constipation as well.
Well, there are other benefits of Insulin as well-
- It helps to reduce the high blood glucose levels.
- Improves digestion.
- Reduces bad cholesterol levels.
- Increases energy level.
- Promotes the weight loss.
- Good for skin health.
- Prevents heart diseases.
- Relieves stress.
- Improves memory power.
- Protects brain cells.
There are various ways to consume the insulin plant
- You can eat the leaves of the insulin plant daily.
- And also, you need two leaves which should be washed properly. After that, grind the leaves and dissolve them in a glass of water. Regularly Drink a glass of water on an empty stomach every morning.
- Follow the procedure strictly twice a day morning and evening time. You can directly chew the leaves as well but it will leave a bitter taste in your mouth if chewed raw. You can see the effective result within one month of regular consumption of the insulin plant.
- You can also consume the insulin plant leaves in the form of powder. And for that, dry the leaves and crunch them to make the powder. Take 1 tablespoon of powder daily. However, taking green leaves is more effective as compared to dry leaf powder.
Some things should be noted before consuming the insulin leaves
- Firstly, if you are planning to consume the leaves then first consult your health care provider for your health.
- If a woman is pregnant or lactating women, they should strictly avoid consuming leaves.
- Do not consume the leaf more than recommended amount or dose. Overconsuming can lead to some health issues.
Conclusion– The insulin plant has naturally grown plant into the lap of nature that can help to control diabetes. The leaves of the insulin plant (Costus igneus) reduce excessive blood sugar levels and control them down to normal. You can grow the plant in your house and can access the incredible benefits of the plant.