Akshata Murthy is a venture capitalist and she is famous for being the daughter of Infosys co-founder, NR Narayana Murthy and the wife of United Kingdom Prime minister Rishi Sunak.
Akshata Murthy’s physical status
Akshata Murthy is 163 cm or 5 foot 4 inches tall and weighs about 60kg approximately. Her hair color is black and her eyeball color is also black.
Akshata Murthy was born in 1980 and she is 42 years old as of 2022. She was born in Hubli, Karnataka, and grew up in Bangalore.
Akshata Murthy’s educational qualifications
- Akshata Murthy completed her schooling at Baldwin Girls High School, Bangalore.
- She completed her Bachelor of Arts in Economics and French from Claremont McKenna College, California.
- She did her diploma in Apparel Manufacturing Technology from the Fashion Institute of Design and Merchandising, California.
- She later did her Master’s in Business administration from Stanford University of Business, California.
Akshata Murthy Family Details
While Akshata Murthy pursuing her MBA degree she fell in love with Rishi Raunak who is a British politician of the British Conservative party currently.
They both tied the knot on 30th August 2009 in Bangalore, India. The couple was blessed with 2 children and their names are Krishna Sunak and Anoushka Sunak.
Her father’s name is NR Narayan Murthy, co-founder of Infosys. Her mother’s name is Sudha Murthy, the Co-founder of Infosys Foundation.
Her brother’s name is Rohan Murthy, the founder of the Murthy Classical Library of India.
Akshata Murthy’s net worth is estimated to be 2,790 crores as of 2018.
Some lesser-known facts about Akshata Murthy
- She was brought up in Hubli by her grandparents while her parents are struggling with their careers.
- In the year 2007, she started working as a marketing director at Tendris, a Dutch cleantech Incubator Fund.
- Her wedding was celebrated between family members and a few renowned people like Azim Premji Kiran, Mazumdar Shaw, Anil Kumble, Nandan Nilekani, captain GR Gopinath, Prakash Padukone, Syed Hiranmayi, and Girish Karnad.
- In 2009, Akshata started her own clothing line in California. In 2013 she started working as the director of Catamaran ventures in the United Kingdom.
- In the year 2017, she started working as a member of the board of Claremont McKenna College and the San Francisco Exploratorium.
- Akshata Murthy has an individual stakeholder value of 0.81% shares of Infosys.
- Her father Narayan Murthy wrote a heartwarming letter to her which was published in Sudha Menon Legacy letters from eminent parents to their daughters. It stated
“Becoming a father transformed me in many ways that I could never have thought possible. I could never go back to being the person I used to be before. Your arrival in my life brought unimaginable joy and a larger responsibility. I was no more just a husband, a son, or a promising employee of a fast-growing company. I was a father who had a measure up to the expectation her daughter would have of him at every stage of her life.”