Agnipath Scheme , Eligibility, Age Limit, Selection Process
Agnipath scheme has been imposed by the government for the recruitment of soldiers into the Army, the Navy, and the Air Force on a short-term basis or can say contractual basis the period of four years without pensions and other benefits.
Under the scheme of Agnipath, patriotic and motivated youth will get the chance to serve the nation and the armed forces as Agniveer.
It is said that the armed forces will recruit 46,000 Agniveers age from 17.5 to 23 years, previously the age limit was up to 21 years. The average salary of Agniveers would be in the first year of employment is 30,000 and the in-hand amount would be 21,000. The 9000rs will go to a corpus with an equal contribution from the government.
In the second year of employment, the salary would be 33,000. In the third year, the salary would be 36,000 and in the fourth year of employment, the salary would be 40,000 meanwhile from the first year of 4.76 lakh, with an increment to Rs 6.92 lakh in the fourth year.
Each Agniveer will get an amount of 11.71 Lakh as the Seva Nidhi Package which will be exempted from income tax. There will be no beneficiary pension benefits and the new joiners will be provided non-contributory life insurance cover of Rs.48 Lakh during the whole tenure.
After the completion of four years, the Agniveers will be provided an opportunity to apply for permanent enrollment in the armed forces.
The scheme of Agniveer was launched on 14th June 2022 and the notification of the Armed forces was released on 20 June.
|Agnipath Recruitment schedule 2022||Dates|
|Indian Army||20 June 2022|
|Indian Air Force||24 June 2022|
|Indian Navy||21 JUNE 2022|
Eligibility criteria for the Agnipath scheme
- Agniveer General duty (all arms)- 40% marks in matriculation with 33% marks individually in each subject and the equivalent grades in intermediate (12th class) having 33% marks individually in each subject and overall aggregate in C2 grade or equivalent corresponding to 45% in aggregate.
- Agniveer (Tech) and Agniveer Tech (Avn & Amn Examiner)- 10+2 or intermediate in Physics, chemistry, Maths and English with 50% marks aggregate and 40% in each subject.
- Agniveer Clerk / Store Keeper Technical (All Arms) – 10+2 / Intermediate Exam Pass in any stream (Arts, Commerce, Science) with 60% marks in aggregate and a minimum of 50% in each subject. Securing 50% in English and Maths/Accts/Book Keeping in Xl XII is mandatory.
- Agniveer Tradesmen (All Arms) – 10th pass. No stipulation in aggregate percentage but should have scored 33% in each subject.
- Agniveer Tradesmen (All Arms) 8th pass – Class 8th simple pass and No stipulation in aggregate percentage but should have scored 33% in each subject.
Age Limit- 17.5 – 23 years
Indian Army Agniveer selection process is as follows
- Physical Fitness Test (At Rally Sites)
- Physical Measurement (At Rally Site)
- Medical Test
- Written Test through Common Entrance Examination (CEE)
Indian Army Agniveer Recruitment PFT 2022 1.6Km Run
- Group – I – Up till 5 Min 30 Seconds
- Group– II 5 Min 31 Sec to 5 Min 45 Seconds
- Group – I – 10 of 40 marks,
- Group– II – 9 of 33 Marks, 8 of 27 Marks, 7 of 21 Marks, 6 of 16 Marks
How to Apply?
You can apply through the official website but the candidate can be applied in only one category. If anyone is registered for multiple trades, he/she will be disqualified and shall not be considered in any trade.
You can visit the complete details of the recruitment process on
|Indian Army||Indian Navy||Indian Air Force|
|Online Registration||20 June 2022||21st June 2022||24 June 2022|
|Examination||20th July 2022||21 July 2022||24th July 2022|
|First Batch of Agniveer||December 2022||December 2022||December 2022|
|Training||30 December 2022||30 December 2022||30 December 2022|
Agnipath Recruitment 2022 Salary
|Year||Customized package||In-Hand Salary||Contribution to Agniveer Corpus Fund (30%)||Contribution to corpus fund by Government|
Some of the Advantages of Agnipath’s scheme-
- Agnipath is a very unique policy and gives a chance to young youth to serve the Nation
- Availability of young motivated, well-disciplined, and skilled youth
- The best opportunity for all the Agniveers to train in the best institutes
- Agniveers will be provided with a good customized package.
- They will be provided with risk and Hardship allowance.
- The time period of the job will be four years
- After the completion of the tie period, they all will be provided with a one-time Seva Nidhi package.
Instructions on How to Apply
- First visit to the official portal of the ministry of defense page www.mod.gov.in/
- After reaching the home page, search for the Agnipath Application link, available in what’s a new section.
- After clicking on it, you will be directed to the application page link
- Click on registration if you are a new user or click on Login with the username and password if you are an existing user.
- Start filling out the application form
- Fill out the complete details and upload the scanned documents with the application form.
- After uploading the documents, proceed to pay the application fee
- Review the whole application, once you are done with reviewing, click on submit and your application will be recorded.
- By the above procedure, you will be able to apply the Agnipath scheme application form.
Important documents for the application form
- Address proof
- ID proof- Adhaar Card/ PAN card/ Voter ID card/ Driving License/ Passport
- Scanned Signature
- Scanned Photograph