Well, it’s winter here, so consume hot water instead of cold water for your better health. Hot water acts as a fluid that removes toxic substances from your body of all its toxins. Drinking hot water is especially beneficial for you if it is the first thing that you consume in the morning and the last thing you consume before you go to sleep. You can add a drop of lemon to the water for a boost of vitamin C.
Some of the hot water benefits are given below-
- Helps improve Digestion- When you drink hot water, your digestive tract is not only smoothened but also activated. Water acts as a lubricant that makes sure your digestive system is functioning in a proper systematic way. The water you drink moves through your stomach to your intestines, cleaning your body internally and ridding it of toxins as well as hydrating all your digestive organs and eliminating the toxic substances. Hot water also helps in the digestion process by breaking down, dissolving, and dissipating foods that you have eaten that your body itself is unable to digest.
- Relieves Constipation– one needs to drink a lot of lot water, and your intestines then begin to contract. And the action of the intestines allows old waste that is stuck in the part finally pass through the intestines and eventually pass out of your body. Studies have shown that people who tend to get constipated frequently have experienced decreased constipation after adopting the habit of drinking hot water every morning.
- Hydrates Your Body– Drinking hot water keeps you as hydrated as drinking room temperature water or cold water. The average amount of water that should be drunk by a person on a daily basis is about 2.5 liters. The first few days, you may urinate very frequently as your body is not used to this increased quantity of water. But eventually, your body will adjust and starts craving that amount of water every day. Your body requires water to perform essential functions.
- Aids Weight Loss– When you drink hot water, your body’s temperature control system wakes up due to the sudden increase in temperature. Your body starts to compensate for the temperature of water by lowering your internal temperature. This process activates your metabolism, which helps in boosting the effectiveness of your weight loss efforts. Constipation makes your body bloat due to all the old waste that is collected in a particular area. Drinking warm water helps get rid of that extra ‘water weight’ of toxic substances.
- Helps you get rid of Toxins– When you drink hot water, your internal body temperature begins to increase. Drinking hot water or taking a hot bath activates your body’s endocrine system and you start to sweat after some time. Sweating may be quite uncomfortable but it helps in getting out all of the toxic substances and inflictions in your body that keep it from functioning optimally.
- Reduced pain- consuming Hot water improves circulation and may also improve the blood flow, particularly to injured muscles. However, people use heat packs and hot water bottles to reduce the pain or can say muscle swelling. Consuming a limited amount of hot water may offer some internal pain relief.
- Reduced stress– studies have shown that a cup of hot water may help people manage stress and anxiety. An older study found that the intake of hot liquids, such as tea and coffee, could lower stress and reduce feelings of anxiety some of the effects are due to caffeine, but the warmth also played a role in improving the mood swings.
Also Visit : Tamarind: A Tropical Food With Several Health Advantages