Elder people say that aloe vera has great benefits if used properly. Well, I cannot deny the fact anyway, it is true, even the doctors also say the same. Aloe vera gel is widely known to reduce sunburn and help in treating wounds. The plant has a long history of being used for medicinal purposes for a long time. The plant is mainly found in North Africa, Southern Europe, and the Canary Islands. Aloe vera is grown in tropical climatic conditions. From treating heartburn to potentially slowing down the spread of breast cancer. Let’s find out the Aloe vera benefits.
Benefits of Aloe Vera
- Heartburn relief– Gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) is a digestive disorder that results in heartburn. A 2010 study suggested that consuming 1 to 3 ounces of aloe vera gel at your dinner could reduce the severity of GERD. It may also help with other digestion related problems.
- An alternative to mouthwash– In a 2014 study and researchers found aloe vera extract to be a safe and effective alternative to chemical-based mouthwashes. The plant’s natural ingredients, which included the dose of vitamin C, that can help in blocking the plaque. If you have bleeding in your gums or have swollen gums then the consumption of aloe vera might be the wonder.
- Lowering down blood sugar– taking two tablespoons of aloe vera juice per day can cause blood sugar levels to fall in people with type 2 diabetes, according to recent resources suggests that aloe vera may have a future in diabetes treatment. But people with diabetes, who take glucose-lowering medications, should use some precautions when intaking the aloe vera.
- A natural laxative– Aloe vera is considered to be a natural laxative. Some of the studies have found that gel made from typical aloe vera houseplants was able to relieve constipation.
- Skincare– You can use aloe vera to keep your skin clear and hydrated. To survive the harsh conditions, the plant’s leaves store the water. These water-dense leaves, combined with special plant compounds called complex carbohydrates, which make them an effective face moisturizer and pain reliever, also reduce the dark spots, and marks, if there are any.
- Potential to fight breast cancer– recent studies show the potential in slowing the growth of breast cancer. But this is not yet proven, further research is needed in this case.
Also visit: All you need to know about Dry Fruits & their Benefits, How to eat