Summer is here, it’s April. Monsoon will be there soon, and in this summer and monsoon season definitely, you are looking for the perfect waterfall visit where you can enjoy your vacation, right? Visiting the waterfall in monsoon time is good, as you can enjoy the weather and running water flowing from a certain height. But visiting a waterfall in monsoon times is risky too, as there will be a trek for a few kilometers, and due to rainfall, the forest trek would be muddy and high chance of slipping at that time. However, it is enjoying though because no one can feel this time in different seasons. Let’s talk about the best waterfall in the Indian south Indian state of Telangana, where you can enjoy your weekend gateway and vacations.
1. Kuntala Waterfalls- The waterfall is located in the middle of the Sahyadri mountain range, Neredikonda village, Adilabad district of Telangana. As it is being the largest waterfall in Telangana it falls from a height of 200 feet. The temperature of the Kuntala waterfall lies between 44 degrees Celsius in the summertime and 10 degrees Celsius in winter times or monsoon. According to local beliefs, Kuntala Waterfall got its name after Shakuntala, the wife of King Dushyanth, who fell in love with each other and was mesmerized by the scenic beauty of the surroundings. Shakuntala also used to take bath in this waterfall, hence the name is Kuntala Waterfalls. The best time to visit this waterfall is between September to December.
2. Bogatha Waterfalls- I can surely say that this is one of the best waterfalls in Telangana, the beautiful waterfall is located near Chikkadpally village, Khammam district of Telangana. Bogatha Waterfall is popularly known as Chikupally Waterfall and is one of the most famous places. The waterfall Falls from a height of 30 feet and offers the best swimming experience. There is a temple dedicated to Bogateswara Swamy near the waterfall and even the upper part of the falls can be reached from the temple. The best time to visit the waterfall is from September to December.
3. Gayathri Waterfalls- Another famous waterfall in Telangana where can enjoy the adventure activities like trekking and hiking. Gayatri Waterfall is located in a beautiful location near the Adilabad district in Telangana. This beautiful waterfall attracts a large number of tourists during the monsoon season when the weather is pleasant in the months of September and October. Gayatri Waterfall is also known as Gadida Gundam or Mukti Gundam.
4. Kanakai Waterfalls– Telangana people must consider the Kanakai Waterfall while exploring and going on a waterfall trip. The waterfall is also known as Kanakadurga Waterfall, Kanakai waterfall which is located in Girnur, Bazarhatnoor Mandal. Even one can also explore the Kanaka Durga Temple which is located near Kanakai Waterfalls. The water falls from a height of 30 feet and offers you a mesmerizing view. The Best time to visit this waterfall is during the month of August to October.
5. Pochera Waterfalls– this beautiful waterfall is located in Nirmal village, district of Adilabad. Pochera Falls is said one of the best Telangana Waterfalls, so don’t forget to visit. One can visit the waterfall during the time of monsoon season to witness the beautiful weather and surroundings. It is advisable to carry your own food and water if you visit this waterfall because there are no shops.
6. Sahastrakund Waterfalls– the waterfall is located in the Nanded district of Maharashtra and situated at a distance of 282km from Hyderabad city. This water beautifully originated from the Godavari River water. The water falls from a height of 50 feet and offers a mesmerizing view from the bridge located 1km from the waterfalls. Additionally, there are two temples if someone would like to visit.
Also visit: Visit best tourist spot Kanakai Waterfalls