5 Must Try Places For Foodies in Coimbatore
Our country is a maze when it comes to food, there is an uncountable number of dishes in every corner of the country. Each state carries its own flavor, authenticity, and aroma, and south India tops the list regarding spicy flavors. In this part of the country, Coimbatore in Tamil Nādu tops the list, one of the largest cities in the state and is among the popular destinations that offer stunning views from temples to breathtaking views of the mountains, the city has a lot to offer to travelers. You might have visited the place or wants to and want to try out your taste buds at some of the best restaurants but don’t know where to go. Let me list out some of the best places for a foodie like you.
Sree Annapurna – Real Flavor of South India – To satisfy your south Indian food-gasm, this place is heaven and offers several authentic dishes from crisp dosa to fluffy idlis.
- Location: NSR Road, Saibaba Colony and East Arokiasamy Road, RS Puram, Coimbatore
- Timings: 5:30 am – 10:30 pm at Saibaba Colony and 6:00 am to 10:00 pm at RS Puram
- Must-try Items: Pongal, Ghee Roast Masala Dosa, Sāmbhar and Idli, Sāmbhar Vadai, Poori with Potato Masala, Filter Coffee
- •Cost for two: INR. 400 (approx.)
Shree Anandhaas – A place that can bring water into your mouth as soon as you see the dish. They have been serving since 1998 and their ghee dosa and Sāmbhar vada are something not to be missed at any cost.
- Location: Puliyakulam Road, Lakshmi Mills, Coimbatore
- Timings: 7:00 am to 10:30 pm
- Must-try Items: Sambar Vada, Ghee Dosa, Mushroom Fried Rice, Mysore Pak
- Cost for two: ₹ 300 (approx.)
Haribhavanam – This place tops the list when it comes to non-veg, Established in 1971, it is often referred to as a Raju mess by the local people. If you want to enjoy the authentic Chettinad chicken curry, this place is the best bet.
- Location: Bharathi Colony, Peelamedu, Coimbatore
- Timings: 11:30 am to 10:30 pm; every day
- Must-try Items: Mutton Biryani, Pepper Chicken, Chicken Chintamani, Chicken Karakudi
- Cost for two: ₹ 600 (approx.)
Dindigul Venu Biryani
Dindigul Venu Biryani – Walk into this restaurant during lunchtime and feel lucky if you find a seat. One of the best places to relish the ever-popular biryani.
- Location: Gandhipuram and Lakshmi Mills, Coimbatore
- Timings: 10:30 am to 10:30 pm (Gandhipuram)
- 11:30 am to 4:00 pm and 6:30 pm to 11:00 pm (Lakshmi Mills)
- Must-try Items: Mutton Biryani, Egg Dosa, Chicken 65, Mutton Balls, Pepper Chicken, Mutton Kola
- Cost for two: ₹ 500 (approx.)
Junior Kuppanna- Though the menu is limited here, the existing list of cuisine will make you fall in love with the restaurant. The meaty dishes here are mouthwatering and this definitely tops the list.
- Location: Peelamedu and Gandhipuram, Coimbatore
- Timings: 11:00 am-4:30 pm and 6:30 pm-11:00 pm (Gandhipuram)
- 11:30 am-3:30 pm and 6:30 pm-10:30 pm (Peelamedu)
- Must-try Items: Pallipalayam Chicken, Fish Chukka, Mutton Nalli Fry, Mutton Biryani, and Pepper Chicken
- Cost for two: INR. 600 (approx.)