10 things to know as India starts evacuation of Stranded Indians abroad
The ministry of external affairs has prepared a chart for the evacuation of over 14,000 Indian nationals stranded in 13 foreign countries by 64 flights in week 1 of the operation. National carrier Air India Ltd will operate 64 flights from 7 May to 13 May to bring back citizens stranded abroad.
As India begins its evacuating programs for the stranded Indians across the globe from May 7th here are the things to know if you’re stuck elsewhere.
- Only Indians will be brought back by land, sea and air and in these transportation means no other nations will be allowed.
- Importance will be given to jobless migrant workers, short-duration visa holders, visa expired people, pregnant woman, medical emergency people, people whose family
members have expired and the students.
- Before boarding, all travellers shall give an undertaking that they would undergo mandatory institutional quarantine for a minimum period of 14 days on arrival in India, at their own cost.
- All travellers will also be required to give an undertaking that they are making the journey at their own risk.
- Travelers themselves should bear the journey expenses. Members coming from Europe will be charged INR 50,000 and 1 Lakh for the ones coming from USA.
- At the time of boarding the flight/ ship, MEA will facilitate thermal screening as per health protocol. Only asymptomatic travellers would be allowed to board the flight/ ship.
- Passengers arriving through the land borders will also have to undergo the same protocol as above, and only those who are asymptomatic will be enabled to cross the border into India.
- The remaining passengers shall be taken to suitable institutional quarantine facilities, to be arranged by the respective State/ UT Governments. These facilities may be as far as possible, in the district headquarters, of the district to which the arriving passengers belongs.
- Upon reaching India their respective states will quarantine them for 14-days followed by tests and only negative tested people will be allowed to move to their homes.
- Installation of Aarogya Setu App is a must as soon as reaching Indian soil.